- The late 90s first saw the introduction of any kind of really useful applications of Web video.
- From 2000-2005 video over the web moved forward in a bit in which by then 9-17% of buisnesses were using web video in some way.
- In 2005, YouTube was launched and this meant that video creation, publication and viewing was available to everyone .
- Now we have a whole range of video content online which can come in so many different formats. Video online can be interactive for example, qualifying and segmenting for your website visitors that can be used as part of adverts and to provide brilliant testimonials.
- A mobile live streaming software called Qik allows the users to upload videos from their cell phones to the internet. The videos will then be stored online and can be shared to various social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- Users can upload videos up to 10 minutes long and share them through YouTube or by embedding them on other websites (social networks, blogs, forums, etc.). It now allows users to upload HD videos and recently launched a service to provide TV shows and movies under license from their copyright holders.
- YouTube Screening Room : The Screening Room presents high quality, independent films to YouTube users and adds four new films every two weeks.
- The availability of Channel 4 and Five content on YouTube is predicted to prove incredibly popular as series such as Skins, Green Wing, The X Factor and others become available in a simple, straightforward format on a website which already attracts millions of people every day.